Monday, May 25, 2015

Sunday Recap May 31

On Monday I had a lovely day off of work as it was a bank holiday. I am still not sure how these work or why the banks get so many holidays but I a glad to not be in work.

A big event was happening in Liverpool on Monday so I decided I would check it out. I got the bus into town and luckily as my stop isn't on a big road, I was able to get on as the next big stop the bus stopped at, people filled the bus and the bus could not pick anymore people up. I felt bad for all the people trying to flag down the too full bus and we drove past them.

Heading into town, I got off and headed towards Pier Head. The amount of people in Liverpool was shocking. People had come from all over to see Cunard's Three Queens sail together into Liverpool and do some manoeuvres in the Mersey River.


I soon realised that it was just too packed to see anything, too many people and gave up. I grabbed a quick lunch and caught the bus back home. I relaxed and watched the events unfold on a live stream. I must say I was not very impressed. I understand that these are massive cruise ships but they did a circle then made an arrow formation. The grey water against the the grey sky made it look a little lack luster.

On Tuesday I returned to work and did overtime everyday. Nothing exciting happened Tuesday or Wednesday but on Thursday I got off at 3 from work and joined my coworker to watch Mad Max: Fury Road. The film was amazing and I highly recommend it. It had a really high rating and I felt it deserved it. The acting was really well done and I was entranced through out.


If you have a chance watch it at the cinema. It was very good!

On Friday I got off work and went to Tavern & Company to enjoy some Mexican BBQ. I had the beef chilli burrito and it was pretty good. I think I prefer their brunches more but I wanted to try their dinner menu. The ribs I had as an appetiser were very well done and I enjoyed those.  I am really looking forward to enjoying some of my favourite Mexican restaurants in August.





It has been raining through out the week but Saturday and Sunday have been quite nice with sunshine. I snapped a few photos of the wisteria tree outside the house all pretty covered in rain drops. Sadly the caretaker of the house got someone to cut the front gardens grass and he chopped a good amount off the tree. 

Two weeks until I am in Copenhagen. I am getting very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment