Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dining with the Tsars at the Hermitage













Dining with the Tsars at the Hermitage Museum in Amsterdam was an exciting event to attend. It's running from the 6 September 2014 to 1 March 2015. The exhibit costs €15 but with the I amsterdam card I think I had to pay an additional €3.50 to enter.  

The exhibition displays eight maginificent porcelain and creamware services from the collection of the Hermitage in St Petersburg. I enjoyed the rules of etiquette displayed upon one of the walls as you wandered through the exhibit.  The exhibit shows how lavish the banqueting culture used to be under the reigns of different Tsar's. The detailed dishes carefully placed on display so beautiful and unique to each different place setting. It was very interesting to visit and see. I did not mind paying the extra euros to enter the exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment