Thursday, November 6, 2014

Amsterdam Museum

The weather on Sunday was gorgeous as I left my hostel. I enjoyed some fresh stroopwafels at a small little market that had popped up in that morning. It was so delicious. I also got some dried mango and strawberries from a seller. After leaving the hostel I walked towards the Art Plein Spui Market to check out the art. It runs from 10 to 6 pm on Sundays.  The market is quite small with about twenty five stalls with artists showing their works.





It was nice to walk through the Spui square. Afterwards I walked through the Begijnkof Courtyard Gardens. It was very nice to go through the garden again as it is very beautiful. I got to notice more details that I missed when I went through with the tour. I reached the Civic Guards Gallery and wandered through reading all the information about the paintings and pictures on display.






After a wander through the courtyard of the museum I decided to pay the €11.00 to enter the museum and have a look around. I had heard that the Amsterdam Museum was quite good. They also had an exhibit on football going on so that was very interesting to go through.





The museum has a large collection of paintings as well as collections on the life of Amsterdam and how it came to be what it is today. It is very well done and I suggest a visit. The museum is included in the I amsterdam card but at this point I had yet to purchase it. The reason I went was because I was unsure about my planning and wanted to get more out of my Sunday. If you do get the I amsterdam card I suggest you making time for this museum if it interests you at all. It's full of information and interesting things.






No comments:

Post a Comment