Monday, November 10, 2014

Katten Kabinet


After checking out the Amsterdam Museum I walked along Herengracht to Katten Kabinet or Cat Cabinet in English. Katten Kabinet is described as an "unusual museum displaying feline art." I personally think there is nothing unusual about that. More like, that it is amazing!  The art museum costs € 6.00 but with the I Amsterdam card you can get 25% off the admission price.  As I did not yet have my card I paid full price but found the art museum worth every penny as I am a cat lover. I later found at my hostel on one of those attraction discount card walls a card for a gift with admission for the Katten Kabinet and wonder what the gift would be.
















The highlight of the museum I would have to say was the cats inside it. I was able to pet both the cats. The black one scratched me a bit on my hand but with my longing for my cat Ricky, I thought it was pretty awesome at the time. I loved all the cat art and the fact that that was was what the museum was focused on. Animals play a big part in art and often featured in paintings. When I was in Madrid with Jess we counted how many dogs we could find in paintings as we walked through El Prado and we reached over 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment