Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The highlights of my Topdeck Tour

Hostel: Plus Berlin. The hostel was in a very large old building but the hostel was very well done. There was a very large internal courtyard and we had a great time playing ping pong.  On the third floor there was a very large hang out room but whenever I went in there it was quite empty and peaceful.

Country: Italy! I would have to say Italy because I spent the most time in it but it is truly beautiful with the Alps, lakes, canals, etc.

Moment: Bicycling through Amsterdam. Cruising the canals in Venice in a gondola. Enjoying the snow in Slovakia.

Books read: Harry Potter 1, 2 and 3. I was Doctor Mengel's Assistant.

Purchase: Tapir stuffed animal from the Prague Zoo. Never thought I would be able to have a stuffed Tapir.

Optional: The canal cruise in Amsterdam is tied with the canal cruise in Venice. The Amsterdam cruise was on a larger boat, had an open bar and allowed me to see a different side to Amsterdam then I would have if I had stayed on dry land. The cruise in Venice was just beautiful. Sliding through the water in our gondola amongst the buildings was something I won't forget.

Museum: Mucha Museum in Prague. I first discovered this artist in Powell River when I found a wall plaque in one of the stores with one of his works on it. I have been a fan of his art nouveau work ever since. It always makes me think of Stephanie.

Food: Before my trip it was the pizza I got from the bakery in Milan. On the trip I would have to say it was the stuffed cabbage rolls in Budapest. The seven different kinds of perogies in Krakow were also so so good.

Drink: Chili Hot Chocolate in Krakow, Poland.

Gelato flavour: Lemon! I always enjoy a good tart flavour. Second best was Lion bar flavour I had in Rome.

City that surprised me the most:  Budapest! I had no idea how much I would enjoy it. I knew nothing about it except that it was in Hungary and was formed by two cities Buda and Pest. I came away from it, wanting to return and it being a highlight of my trip. If you're reading this, put Budapest on your list of cities to check out.

City I would return to right away if I could: Amsterdam! I enjoyed all the cities we went to but I really felt I wanted more time in Amsterdam and was not ready to leave it. Hoping to get back ASAP.

Best zoo: Budapest won me by the closeness I got to the animals. I hate not being able to see the animals in exhibits or if the animal is too far away. I really enjoyed going in the early morning when it opened so it was not too crowded and gave me a lot of time to enjoy the animals. The only negative thing I had to say about the zoo was how the Tapir was hiding!

If you have any questions you would like answered. Let me know and I'll add them.

No comments:

Post a Comment