Friday, March 7, 2014

Cakes and Chongqing: A Feast

March 6th

Shawn had a few doctor's appointments in the morning and afternoon so we spent a bit of time waiting for those to be finished. All was well. We arrived early downtown on Davie for one of them so we were able to go into Transylvania Traditions, one of my favourite cake shops and get a slice each.







For dinner some of my favourite people gathered at the yummiest, bestest Szechuan Chinese restaurants in Vancouver to join me for dinner. I have been going to Chongqing ever since Stephanie's aunt and uncle introduced me to it when I first moved to Vancouver. I have been faithful ever since. I am happy to know that all of my friends also love this place. Many good meals have been had around the circular tables and many a dish has been passed around.


I always get a lime rickey when I am there. A tasty non-alchoholic drink that I like mostly because my cat's name is Ricky. Silly me.




My favourite spicy peanut wontons. I usually call them spicy peanut butter wontons even though thats incorrect.





All the food was so good and we were all stuffed. We took most of the left overs home and I am still trying to think of how we will find time to eat more of it.

So much good food, so little time.

9 days 2 hours 44 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning!
    Wow, what can I say! The Transylvania Traditions "The Heaven of Desserts" looks so good! I didn't know it existed, and I can see why you enjoy going for a dessert to two.
    Your dinner at the Chongqing looks amazing and I had to laugh at the reason you order the Lime Rickey, our pets are most important in our lives, lol.
    Everyone looks like they are having a great time, your mom looks great and happy and I must say, you are doing it right before you leave Paige, good for you, go to all of your favorite places.
    The fortune cookie is right on, so very true. Paige, I look forward to reading more of your entries.
    Love auntie Wendy xoxox

    ReplyDelete